Viatris Australia is ranked the number one healthcare workplace to give back highlighting community stewardship is at the core of this Australian business.
Australia, 18 October 2022 – Viatris, a global healthcare company, today announced that its Australian business has been recognised in GoodCompany’s ‘Top 40 Best Workplaces to GiveBack 2022’, for its continued commitment to community stewardship and passion for volunteering. This year, Viatris Australia was selected in the top 10 workplaces to give back overall in 2022 and is the highest ranking of all healthcare companies listed. The award acknowledges and recognises organisations that best empower their people to make a positive social impact through donations, fundraising, and volunteering.
Viatris Australia Country Manager, Sylvain Vigneault said, “The award demonstrates the passion of all employees at Viatris and the unwavering commitment to supporting the communities the company serves.
“At Viatris Australia we pride ourselves in being always ready and responsive to serve our communities either in times of need, or to give back to causes that are close to the hearts of our employees and support our mission of empowering people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life. This commendation is a great achievement for the business, but an even greater recognition of our people who define our culture and advance the health of all Australians”, said Mr Vigneault.
The award comes after the community stewardship and volunteering efforts of Viatris Australia employees donating their time, money and energy to patient health, community health and environmental health.
The key activities Viatris Australia have been recognised for include:
Community volunteering efforts:
- Viatris Australia have supported Red Cross Lifeblood since 2020 after becoming aware of the severe blood shortage in Australia. In 2022, the team has made 208 blood and plasma donations equating to approximately 624 lives saved.
- In 2022 the commercial team have supported Canteen Australia who provide tailored support to young people impacted by cancer. The team held a ‘Mad Hatters’ tea party raising $2,360, have prepared welcome packs at the Canteen office and will be helping Canteen sell bandanas at the upcoming Bandana Day.
- In 2022, the operations team supported various charities including Youngcare, a not for profit supporting young people with disabilities and the National Heart Foundation.
Patient health initiatives:
- The MyEpiPen® patient support program in Australia has approximately 40,000 members. The program includes features such as expiry reminders to prompt patients to get a new prescription, a trainer device, ‘how to use’ cards to keep at home and share with friends and family so people will know what to do in the event of an emergency, and video explainers.
Policies and program offerings:
- Viatris Australia offers two days of paid volunteer leave per year with an uncapped budget, as well as an open choice on charity donations and uncapped matched donations.
“By encouraging people across the business to give back to their local communities, it not only strengthens our culture but also gives our employees a sense of purpose and a connection to their local areas. There is nothing more rewarding than feeling like you have made a difference to the communities we live in and work in every day,” said Viatris Australia Human Relations Manager, Monica Passfield.
Submissions were assessed by examining the type of programs offered, the broader context in which the programs are designed and how unique and innovative activities were.
Since the launch of Viatris in November 2020, the company has taken great strides to create an employee experience and culture where colleagues are encouraged to reach their full potential. Being named in GoodCompany’s Best Workplaces to Give Back 2022 follows previous accolades for Viatris globally comprising of the inclusion on Forbes' list of World's Best Employers 2022, Fortune's Change the World list, Newsweek's America's Most Responsible Companies, a Great Place to Work® certification in India, Capital Magazine's Best Employers in France list, HR Asia's Best Companies to Work for in Asia (Taiwan) ranking and Top Employers Institute, a global authority on excellence in HR practices, certifying Viatris as one of the 101 top employers in China, among others.
Viatris Inc. (NASDAQ: VTRS) is a global pharmaceutical company empowering people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life. We provide access to medicines, advance sustainable operations, develop innovative solutions and leverage our collective expertise to connect more people to more products and services through our one-of-a-kind Global Healthcare Gateway®. Formed in November 2020, Viatris brings together scientific, manufacturing and distribution expertise with proven regulatory, medical, and commercial capabilities to deliver high-quality medicines to patients in more than 165 countries and territories. Viatris' portfolio comprises more than 1,400 approved molecules across a wide range of therapeutic areas, spanning both non-communicable and infectious diseases, including globally recognized brands, complex generic and branded medicines, a portfolio of biosimilars and a variety of over-the-counter consumer products. With approximately 37,000 colleagues globally, Viatris is headquartered in the U.S., with global centers in Pittsburgh, Shanghai and Hyderabad, India. Learn more at viatris.com and investor.viatris.com, and connect with us on Twitter at @ViatrisInc, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Communications Manager, Australia and New Zealand
M: +61 449 902 687